Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Day Has Finally Arrived!!

I had a doctors appointment Monday, February 8th for my 40th week check-up. When I got there my blood pressure was really high and Dr. Boehling was concerned with the size of the baby. So, he decided to do an ultrasound. He predicted that the baby would weigh 8 pounds and 13 ounces. He & I both agreed it was time to have this baby!! Luckily for me Megan and Grace met me there and got to see the ultrasound with me! How fun that was... So, our plan was for me to go home get everything together and check into the hospital at 5:00 pm. Excited as can be I rushed home to get everything done for the big day! My first stop was by daycare so I could get little Stephen so he and I could spend the day together. He was ecstatic to hear that our baby would be arriving soon!! Well, Stephen and I checked in the hospital and something was inserted to help me thin out.. Well, when I was checked at 7:30 am the next day we had made no progress. So, I was put on pit at 8:00 am. Needless to say our day was very intense. Stephen did not leave my side the whole time... bless his heart! I was 1 cm when I went in and at 7:00 ish that night I was a whopping 2 cm. So, Dr. Boehling suggested we do a C-Section and I was all for it. Eleven hours of pit is NO FUN... So, at 8:16 pm Owen Grady Spruill entered this world! Stephen and I knew it was a boy the whole time but it was great to finally lay my eyes on my precious gift from God.

This is me at 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant!! Me and my little man!

Me & Stephen settled in the hospital...

Me & Meredith...


Me & Mom...


No comments:

Post a Comment