Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What a Week!!

Last Monday (about 2 am) I started having horrible pains in my stomach while laying Owen back down in his crib; horrible pains. I couldn't even get back to sleep my stomach was hurting so bad. Owen had a pediatrician appointment Monday morning that I was determined to get to. I was supposed to go back to work Tuesday so I wanted that appointment behind us. So, I got the boys ready and dropped Stephen off at school and Owen, Granny, and myself headed to Edenton despite my continued pain. I thought I either had a virus or my nerves were really messed up because my maternity leave was coming to an end and I just hated to be away from Owen. The pain was really weird it would ease off at times and then come back very angry! I could only compare the pain when it was really bad to labor pains. So, I finally called the Medical Center and I went to see Mrs. Irene and she sent me straight to Edenton for blood work and a cat scan. She said I could either be pregnant or she thought I was having an appendicitis! Needless to say I was very relieved I was not pregnant; wouldn't that of been a shocker!! Thank God for family! My Mom took me to the hospital; Owen stayed with Grandad & Granny, and Krystle picked Little Stephen up from school. Stephen was in the middle of the river so he headed to the hospital as soon as he could. Finally about 9:30 or 10:00 pm my results were in and I needed my appendix out asap. So, the OR got their team together and we headed into surgery. I got out of surgery about 2 am. Stephen headed back home got a shower and got his peeler pots set and my faithful Mom stayed with me at the hospital and brought me home Tuesday afternoon. I begged to come home and promised to be good so I could see my babies! My Mom & Granny took turns spending the nights with us and took care of Owen so Stephen & I could rest. Stephen had to keep working because we had no clue when I could go back to work. During the days my Mom, Granny, Megan, & Teresa took turns staying with us and taking care of Owen and Krystle brought Little Stephen home from school everyday. We had friends bring us dinner every night! Thanks to Vickie, Megan, YECA girls, & Ginny for feeding us! Lara took me to my appointment Monday and the doctor said it would be at least six weeks for me to fully recover especially from 2 surgeries in the same area in less than 3 months. So, that is kind of where we are now trying to figure out what to do about work. Stephen & I are so blessed with such great families and wonderful friends who always help us out. God has really put great people in our lives that I truly don't know how we would live with out them.

Here is a picture of Stephen & Grace. Megan was putting clean sheets on our bed and all the kids were so exhausted. Stephen went and got the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" and read it to Grace word for word. They were so sweet. It is obvious Stephen is growing into a sweet big boy! Stephen was entertaining and feeding Owen!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are beginning to feel a little better. If you need anything else, give me a call! Love You!

    ReplyDelete